Embarrassing Anal Questions Answered!
Most often health care providers say they never get their patients to come right out and ask their embarrassing questions right off at the start of an appointment, so lets just air these topics right now, and if you still have questions: you know the right answer: get to your gyno for an actual check up, and a discussion based on your personal concerns. We answer some of your questions, but really these topics are much more involved than these answers would let you believe.
1. What is butt pain most likely caused by? Your gyno is first going to ask to really describe the pain. How long are the pain episodes, what were you doing when you felt the pain, even pelvic tension pains and muscle soreness can produce the symptoms.
2. Is it ok to have rectal bleeding? Hemorrhoid or fissure.
3. Is butt discharge normal? Could mean a fissure, which is just a split in the tissue, and there are many causes of fissure. Pan with bowel movement is a sign of fissure. Actual fistulas, which are tracks leading from the colon to the skin are relatively uncommon
4. What would butt itching mean? Sometimes it's a simple matter of eating the wrong thing. tomatoes, caffeine, beer, citrus, and mild can all cause itching conditions of the butt.
5. I think I have a lump near my butt opening, is that serious? Usually it's a hemorrhoid, a wart, or an abscess. Some serious medical conditions and infections you could transmit may be the cause, testing is important.
6. Is anal sex safe? And you may just have to have a conversation about how.
7. Can I transmit anal warts?
8. Is it true you don't need a condom to have butt sex?
9. Is a change in the size or shape of my poop something I need to tell the doctor about? colon cancer signs usually involve bowel habits, weight loss, pains, blood or feelings of incomplete evacuation.
10. Sharp buttock pain? The medical term is proctalgia. Almost never something to ignore.
You only need to check with a proctologist if referred after a check up, your primary care physician should be able to answer any straight forward Anal Questions!