Fennel for dining, digestion, divination, and now this use
Fennel was one of the Ango-Saxon's nine scared evil warding herbs, used by Roman women to prevent obesity, and Roman warriors for good health. In the newest study reported in Menopause in Volume 9, 2017 it was effective and safe for menopausal syndrome.
1. Fennel as a women's her will never be as potent as HRT (Hormone therapy) or BHT (bioidentical hormone therapy) for the symptoms of menopause.
2. Fennel can be eaten raw or cooked and the seeds, the flowers, the leaves are all useful in cooking.
3. Fennel bulb contains essential oils.
4. Preclinical research shows that there is actual estrogenic activity of the fennel plant. This is the likely source of the effectiveness of fennel for all these effects.
5.Fennel plant estrogens have been effective at increasing breast milk.
6. Fennel has been reported to increase libido in both men and women.
7. Fennel Has been shown to decrease aging hormone symptoms in men.
8. Diets hat include phytoestrogens and other plant based foods will enhance the menopausal effects of any herbal treatment.