You can un-stretch your stretch marks, tighten skin, eliminate cellulite, and treat scars with many new technologies available. These can be relatively older or new scars.. The issue is which technology or combination therapies to use. Here are some things to discuss with your cosmetologist, according to the Hada Cosmetic Medicine experts. Here is one before and after, just laser, other therapies like Coolsculpting, RF tightening have not been done to this client yet.
1. We do like to think about how the conditions you are trying to treat got there to begin with. For some they came with youth, and with some it's related to weight changes, like in pregnancy. Genetics mostly is why some of us get stretch marks, but pace and amount of weight gain is part of why some women get these and others do not.
2. Pregnancy doesn't universally cause stretchmarks, and prevention is another issue, but for those that do get them, the sooner you treat the better the end result will be; even if you are planning more pregnancies. The number of pregnancies, the amount of fluid, the physical pressures all contribute to stretchmarks as you grow for the 9 months. But the care you gave your abdomen will affect it as well, and we'd love to do a consultation regarding prevention.We have masques, lotions, oxygen treatments, and nutritional strategies to discuss.
2. Even if your stretch marks or scars have been resistant to first line measures, treatments can work we'd definitely like to discuss it all with ou! What are you trying so far? Did you try creams as you go? Sleep and stress have some part as well. definitely poor nutrition is not good for the skin. Some creams have been shown to work better than others, but whether there's one most effective skin cream, we're still testing. Stria are essentially stretched skin from collagen shrinking and contracting in the stripped area. To improve the area you need to regrow the collagen and to some extent, remodel it.
3. Laser energy, radiofrequency energy,infrared technology, and microneedling all can improve the look of scars and stretchmarks. Cellulite complicating the streetchmark area, is much harder to treat. In some cases injections of fat reducing compounds, or fillers can help individual cases.
4. If the skin itself has texture or pigment issues, some of the technologies may be better in achieving your desired results. Hair reduction, skin anti-aging, skin tone, and skin texture will all help use pick a successful technology for you.
5. Fat reducing technology like CoolSculping is approved for tightening of the skin of the jowel of the chin, and will help skin tightening as it reduces the fat.
6. The color of the stretchmarks can direct therapy as well. Using special laser technology protocols developed at Hada Cosmetic Medicine you can have your best results. With the Cynosure Palomar 1540 this patient had an excellent result after she was treated just three times. Now with more advanced technology Palomar lasers, and the newest Hada Cosmetic Medicine protocols, even more scaring and the older white marks can be treated.
7. Proper post care is going to help your treatments be successful. The treatment sessions are very tolerable. After the first 6 hours, the treatment area will show some pinkness to the skin, there may be some swelling. Post procedure protocols are not very rigid and you will get back to the gym and yoga studio quickly. Right as skin gets treated there may be a tiny bit of skin blanching, but from your vantage point you’ll not likely see that. Most patients with older stretch marks take up to 3 to 6 months after treatment to see improvement, if they are new and bright red the way these were, they respond right away.
7. Stretch marks of the breast, the back, the thighs, the abdomen can all be treated. We can use the infrared laser head to tighten skin as well, although currently we feel that RF technology probably works the best for skin tightening, whether there are stretch marks or not, and the IPL laser to get rid of the brightest fuchsia of the newer ones. IPL lasers can also be used to treat abnormal hair growth, or lighten the midline darkening some women have. These problems may not be a dramatic medical issue for you, but it might be nice to treat them anyway.
For more information you may want to check out this website on being a mom!