The holistic approach to health and fitness has us balancing nutrition, exercise, skin therapies and medical management. It's an undertaking that that in truth will last you a lifetime, so there's no time to waste, start thinking about ways to up your fitness game with nutrition. First is, do you. because of your genetics, your diet, or your lifestyle have any actual deficiencies. At Women's Health Practice we can suggest batteries of testing depending on signs and symptoms.
1. You may be deficient in B12 and a shot can help correct this. Many vitamin levels can be tested, and we suggest an initial place to look is to test for B vitamin deficiencies. Once you know if you have actual deficiencies this can be helpful in planning diet changes and the need for supplements.
2. B12 shots can actually help in a variety of medical conditions. Even those who aren't deficient may benefit from a boost of certain trace minerals and B vitamins and B12 has been used for a variety of treatments including for fatigue and lack of recovery from normal fitness and daily activities, as well as weight loss. As part of other strategies B12 can be used to enhance therapies for a variety of conditions including cognitive decline, asthma, and urinary incontinence.
3. Vegetarians may need B12 only comes from animal products: meat and dairy. Vegans are most susceptible to B12 deficiencies and need supplements to avoid the special types of anemia that is due to B12 deficiency. Classically it is thought that most of the deficiency symptoms from B12 are neurological, but there are cases of people going prematurely grey from deficiency as well.
4. If you have a chronic condition, consider adding B12 into your therapy. A clinical study from the Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Gastroenterology Unit, University of Naples "Federico II" in Italy, and colleagues report their findings in a study published online in Gut, has discovered that actually treating with B12 helps viral treatments against Hepatitis C.
5. B12 helps to fight infections. For those with chronic infections of other sorts, including chronic vaginal infections, B12 treatments can help as well. Others are trying these shots to help those suffering from an acute case of herpes, thinking that the same viral boosting fighting power may work for this too. So it's something that could be tried for cold sores and post laser treatment for those who always break out in a herpes infection after skin therapies.
Planning nutritional strategies be summed up simply, and one that will we should focus on with each aspect of your medical care. Vitamins and our nutrition is one of the most important components of glowing and healthy skin. Your skin treatments will always be more effective if you have proper diet. About 40% of adults over the age of 60 and about 30% of adults under the age of 30 will be deficient in B12. Generally speaking: if you are healthy and eat a varied and balanced diet you will have the nutrients you need. But over time, and with dietary issues, imbalances may occur and you may nee testing to see where your deficiencies really are.