Mediterranean Munchies For Game Day
- high consumption of fruits, vegetables, bread and other cereals, potatoes, beans, nuts and seeds: I suggest to save money on game day and make your own trail mix, and throw in some nine grain bread croutons
- olive oil is an important monounsaturated fat source: add olives to pizza!
- dairy products, fish and poultry are consumed in low to moderate amounts, and little red meat is eaten: grilling is still great with low sugar bbq sauce on your chicken
- eggs are consumed zero to four times a week: scrambled egg tortillas can be portable and filling when the morning chill is baking off before kickoff
- wine is consumed in low to moderate amounts: toast the victory with a bit of heart healthy red wine!