Top Form Tuesday: Maximizing Your Gynecologic Health: Word Searching? Test Your Estrogen Levels
- Longer life estrogen affects the ability of cognition in later life including the age of puberty, the numbers of children with breast feeding, and the age of menopause
- Attention and memory decline with menopause
- Tamoxifen, an anti-estrogen, decreases the thought processes of verbal fluency and memory
- Hormone therapy helps memory and thinking
- Primate studies indicate thinking is best during the follicular (estrogen) phase of the menstrual cycle.