Situps, Weight Loss and Medications
or women who are high risk there is a way to
- Breast cancers, that is due to cancers that have estrogen receptors, rate can be reduced by half by medicine use
- Every woman should know whether they are at increased risk by getting Gail Model Score or National Cancer Institute's Breast Cancer Risk Assessment Tool, a modified version of the well-established Gail model
- You can be evaluated for these medications as young as age 35
- The medications used are not all the same, and have some risks, which includes the risks of blood clots, and benefits beyond breast cancer prevention, which may include osteoporosis prevention in the case of raloxifene
- Mammogram findings do not directly impact the decision to take these medications, but Halo breast pap tests can influence decision
- For more information go to ASCO’s Web site.