- Breast cancers, that is due to cancers that have estrogen receptors, rate can be reduced by half by medicine use
- Every woman should know whether they are at increased risk by getting Gail Model Score or National Cancer Institute's Breast Cancer Risk Assessment Tool, a modified version of the well-established Gail model
- You can be evaluated for these medications as young as age 35
- The medications used are not all the same, and have some risks, which includes the risks of blood clots, and benefits beyond breast cancer prevention, which may include osteoporosis prevention in the case of raloxifene
- Mammogram findings do not directly impact the decision to take these medications, but Halo breast pap tests can influence decision
- For more information go to ASCO’s Web site.
Wednesday Women's Health in the News: Most Frequently Asked Questions On MonaLisa Touch Vaginal Therapy
MonaLisa Touch: The Issue of Vaginal Symptoms Even with the passage of time, many women still retain their youthful energy and enthusi...
Thursday, July 11, 2013
Should You Be Doing More To Pevent A Breast Cancer?
Vaginal Contraceptive Ring
If you are a female between the ages of 18 and 35 you may be eligible for a contraceptive ring investigational contraceptive medication study. Qualified participants will receive study-related medical evaluations and care at no cost. If interested, please call 217-356-3736.
Join one of our studies, become a patient at Women's Health Practice, come for an event, or visit any one of my websites our FB https://www.facebook.com/pages/Womens-Health-Practice/149858581724556?ref=hl
Women's Health Practice
Hada Cosmetic Medicine
Follow Women's Health Practice and Hada Cosmetic Medicine on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hada-Cosmetic-Medicine/68631517372?fre!
Follow GynoGab on Twitter!