Get The Shot!
- HPV Vaccination prevents cervical cancer
- Young men and boys can be vaccinated, and their vaccine will help prevent cervical cancer too
- You don't know if you have HPV unless tested
- HPV vaccination prevents vaginal, vulvar, anal and probably many oral cancers
- The first HPV shot is the most protective, but you are not as well protected over time if you don't get your boosters; the newest study says 2 doses are enough!
- Protection lasts a long time, recent studies show that it will last for over 8 years in girls and boys
- HPV shots prevents genital warts
- Women do not become immune to infection just by contact, most have to be vaccinated
- Safe Sex is still recommended by ACOG, the CDC and WHO